Re: what should we do with SVGPaint and SVGColor interfaces?

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 12:20:02 -0700
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
CC: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2012, at 11:41 AM, "Glenn Adams" <glenn@skynav.com<mailto:glenn@skynav.com>> wrote:

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com<mailto:dschulze@adobe.com>> wrote:
We removed parts of the API from WebKit (might be removed completely already). I don't see reasons to keep it.

But there is more from DOM 2 style that is deprecated since SVG 1.1SE like getPresentationStyle. We need feedback from CSSOM people what they plan for the first level.

if you are referring to SVGStylable.getPresentationAttribute, that method does not appear in DOM-2 Style;

at present, the editors are leaning towards excluding CSSValue et al from the core CSSOM module, but address object based style values in CSSOM Values

Sorry for not being more explicit. I meant the relation to Dom 2 style, yes.

Dirk