Re: computed values of properties

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:10:19 +0200
To: "SVG public list" <www-svg@w3.org>, "Cameron McCormack" <cam@mcc.id.au>
On Sat, 19 May 2012 07:02:07 +0200, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:

> One thing that the SVG 1.1 spec is missing is a definition of how the
> computed values of properties are determined.  For example I notice just
> now that stroke-width in Gecko will compute an em length down to a px
> value and keep percentage values as specified, while in WebKit and Opera
> both values are kept as specified.  As I go about reformatting our
> property definitions to match CSS specs, I will put something hopefully
> reasonable in for the "Computed value" lines, which I would then
> appreciate review of.

SVG Tiny 1.2 defines the computed values for a subset of the properties
used in SVG 1.1 (e.g the 'stroke-width' property [1]), unless we have good
reasons for changing them I'd say let's keep what's already defined in
Tiny 1.2.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/painting.html#propdef-stroke-width

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group