Re: moving from xml:space="" to white-space

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:37:37 +1100
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
CC: SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
Cameron McCormack: > But I would like xml:space="default" to mean "do
what the white-space
> property says".  white-space:normal is still different from
> xml:space="default", because the latter will remove newline characters
> while the former will turn them into a space.

I'll note though that we don't have good interop on this newline
dropping for white-space:normal -- WebKit browsers drop it, but Firefox
and Opera do not.  So I'll suggest that we can drop this distinction and
have xml:space="default" not be any different from white-space:normal in
terms of white space behaviour.