RE: text decorations and rotated glyphs

From: David Dailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:39:26 -0400
To: "'Cameron McCormack'" <cam@mcc.id.au>, "'SVG public list'" <www-svg@w3.org>
I am thinking the other way -- underlining is generally applied to words rather than letters, and while the letters may jiggle and float a bit, the underscore should not follow the individual characters.

See for example http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/TopAlignBrowsers.png
As based on experiments at http://granite.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/tspanmeasure.svg and http://granite.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/tspanmeasure4.svg
and as discussed in http://cs.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/GeometricAccessibility.html

Having an option that users could apply might be very nice.

Cheers
David