Re: Compositing math in SVG

From: Calculemus <calculemus1988@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:08:10 +0200
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
"Let me know if you think that there are blend modes that are not in the
current spec but that you believe should be included. I noticed that gimp
has a bunch that are not in our current spec."

Sure, I will be doing extensive study for this, since we want bullet-proof
software.

Here is another confusing thing. In some places the condition for
hard-light is different.

Places where the condition for hard-light is "if (top < 0.5)":

1. http://www.pegtop.net/delphi/articles/blendmodes/hardlight.htm
2. http://yahvuu.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/blendmodes1/#blend_basics
3.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh706313%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Places where the condition for hard-light is "if (top <= 0.5)":

1. http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/rawfile/tip/compositing/index.html#blending
2. The Adobe reference 1.7

Opinion on this? Does it matter?