SVG masking, maskType attribute still necessary?

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:04:55 -0700
To: "www-svg@w3.org list" <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi SVG WG,

We added the 'maskType' attribute to differ between alpha and luminance masks on the SVG 'mask' element. IIRC we didn't thought about extending the 'mask' property. Since we added the keywords 'alpha' and 'luminance' to the 'mask' property, it seems unnecessary to add a new attribute to the 'mask' element.

Do we want to revert the decision on adding this attribute?

Greetings,
Dirk