RE: agenda+ SVG 2 Features and Approach

From: Frost, Jon A. <frostjo@missouri.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 13:12:25 -0500
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Looks like my last email from 45 minutes ago is not going through - I'll just mention briefly in case it appears...  I would really like us to port over HTML5's Custom Data Attribute into SVG.  I think this would be highly used feature, and it should be fairly easy to integrate since the spec is already defined.  Example usage:

<g id="OlMcDonald" data-role="PeasantFarmer">
  <path data-tool-index="1" data-farm-tool="SheepDog"/>
  <path data-tool-index="2" data-farm-tool="PeaceSign"/>
</g>

These custom data attributes integrate well with jQuery as well.  The parameters proposal is great too, but this would be in addition to that.  Just a thought - and I know I'd use it.

   Best,
      Jon