Re: SVG Compositing operators backported?

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:08:13 +0100, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:

> Jasper van de Gronde:
>> I just heard that the SVG Compositing spec is nearly finished. This is
>> very good news, as I think it's a marvelous addition to SVG! However,
>> I'm wondering whether any of the new operations will be "backported" to
>> filters?
>
> By that do you mean will <feBlend mode=""> be extended to support all of
> the keywords that comp-op can take?  I think that makes sense.
>
> Erik, do you think we should make the Filters spec depend on
> Compositing, extend <feBlend mode="">, and reference all of the blend
> mode equations in Compositing?

It probably would be useful to have this in filters yes. I've created and
assigned myself an action to sync the filter spec with svg compositing [1].

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/fx/track/actions/27

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group