Re: SVG Compositing operators backported?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:08:13 +1300
To: Jasper van de Gronde <th.v.d.gronde@hccnet.nl>
Cc: ed@opera.com, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Jasper van de Gronde:
> I just heard that the SVG Compositing spec is nearly finished. This is
> very good news, as I think it's a marvelous addition to SVG! However,
> I'm wondering whether any of the new operations will be "backported" to
> filters?

By that do you mean will <feBlend mode=""> be extended to support all of
the keywords that comp-op can take?  I think that makes sense.

Erik, do you think we should make the Filters spec depend on
Compositing, extend <feBlend mode="">, and reference all of the blend
mode equations in Compositing?

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/