SVG 1.2 Vector Effects

From: <ddailey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 08:32:57 -0500
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Cc: <chris@w3.org>, <yan.li@sru.edu>, <yanli@scnu.edu.cn>, <david.dailey@sru.edu>

 A colleague and I are working on a paper together and have some
questions about SVG1.2 and, specifically, the vector effects parts:

	1. I gather that SVG 1.2 is still a working draft. Will it become a
recommendation or will the WG just bypass it and move to 2.0? And if
so, will Vector Effects become a part of that?

	2. What progress, if any, do we know of browsers or other user
agents actually implementing Vector Effects? I know that Opera has
implemented some very important parts of 1.2. Is there any inventory
of cross-browser progress on the various parts of 1.2?

	3. Are there JavaScript implementations available as an API or
something for doing the various things discussed in Vector Effects? I
have a notion (albeit fuzzy) that as specs are moved along the path
from working draft to recommendation, they frequently find some
instantiation in actual code somewhere.

	4. A number of the images in the vector effects primer are broken :
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/vectoreffects/master/SVGVectorEffectsPrimer.html
[1] . Any chance those could be repaired?

	regards

	David

Links:
------