Re: minutes, 18 August 2011 SVG WG telcon

On 19/08/11 9:58 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> In this case, when the focus approaches the edge of the shape, the
> image converges to a half-plane of circles, and a half-plane of
> average color.

This case that was discussed in the telcon was this one:

http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/~concolat/SVG/radial_gradient_construction_animation_edge_case.svg

And there are three fill modes where we need to define what the
behaviour is.  For spreadMethod="pad", I am not sure that the average
colour is what makes sense.  The last stop colour is probably better
here.  For spreadMethod="reflect" and "repeat", average colour does make
sense if we want to choose a solid colour to fill the other half-plane,
since that's what's converged on as you reach the straight line that is
tangential to the points on the circles where they touch.