Re: minutes, 18 August 2011 SVG WG telcon

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:58:58 -0700
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Argh, I keep missing these calls!  They're on my calendar now, so I
should get next week.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> radial gradients

My approach for degenerate cases has been to specify the limit image,
so the behavior is as continuous as possible.  I consider any behavior
that is sensitive to rounding errors a bug.

For example, if a repeating gradient approaches 0 distance between
first and last stops, it will assume the average color on an
infinite-resolution device.  Thus, on our finite resolution devices,
when the distance is small enough that we can't faithfully render it
any longer, we should just render the average color.

I have similar cases for repeating radial gradients that approach zero
width or zero height.

In this case, when the focus approaches the edge of the shape, the
image converges to a half-plane of circles, and a half-plane of
average color.

~TJ