Re: Status of SVG params

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:06:03 +1200
To: Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net>
CC: www-svg@w3.org
On 1/07/11 1:26 AM, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Any chances that this proposal will make it to a WD and a Recommendation
> in a reasonable timeframe? Is there interest of the browser projects to
> implement it? I think that content creators would gain a lot of
> productivity if this feature would be implemented.

I can't say about a timeline.  However, we did discuss SVG Parameters at
the recent joint F2F meeting with the CSS WG.  Out of that, Doug took an
action to write up a few proposals for how parameters would work in CSS
syntactically.  I think that will influence (will be exactly the same
as?) how we want to be able to reference parameters from non-properties
in SVG.  So I think that is the next step forward.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2011Jul/att-0024/26-fx-minutes.html#item07