painting-render-02-b.svg

From: Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:33:53 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hi folks,

I was looking at painting-render-02-b.html recently and I am a bit confused.
The tests should test the correct handling of color-interpolation. Different rects have different properties of color-interpolation: auto, sRGB, linearRGB and inherit.
But my understanding was that color-interpolation (or transforming sRGB colors to linearRGB colors and back) just influence the channels red, green and blue.
The rects on the test, with the different color-interpolations, are filled with the color 'white'. According to the algorithm on [1], the color spaces linearRGB and sRGB provide the same color values. Both results are 255,255,255, independent if you transform sRGB to linearRGB or back. So why should we see a difference between the rects?
I would also interpret [2] that compositing objects (eg because of transparency) gets applied at the end as final step. So the opacity doesn't matter on the test at all.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#RenderingProperties
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/render.html#ParentCompositing

To the test:
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlObject/painting-render-02-b.html