Re: does <set> add an attribute to node.attributes

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 21:29:35 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>, ddailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>, robert@ocallahan.org, www-svg@w3.org
Hi, Folks-

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote (on 10/17/10 8:14 PM):
> * Alex Danilo wrote:
>>Nothing in the spec. says animations shouldn't change the DOM either.
>
> "When an animation is running, it should not actually change
> the attribute values in the DOM." -- SMIL 2.1, section 3.3.1.

Yes, it's more like a CSS presentation value than an attribute value.

There have been times that I wished SMIL animation could change the DOM,
but the SMIL spec is clear, as Björn points out.

I would say this is a bug in Opera, if it really does add an attribute;
that said, I suspect it won't make much difference for most purposes.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs