Re: does <set> add an attribute to node.attributes

Nice point, however:

1) That is a "should" in a non-normative section.
2) Refers to the attribute _value_, not whether the attribute itself
   should be created, therefore not what was being discussed.

Thanks for the pointer, albeit to the wrong thing. I think all existing
implementations maintain the base DOM value and the presentation value
so that it a useful paragraph to read.

Daniel's comment regarding the thought experiment is more relevant,
although it points to the quickly thought example maybe not being
thorough enough.

I'm sure others will find time to debate this one. The issue relates
to _adding_ an attribute to the DOM, and I don't see any spec.
regarding that. Pointers would be appreciated.

Alex