Re: Missing setters in feConvolveMatrix filter

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:58:03 +1300
To: Renata Hodovan <reni@inf.u-szeged.hu>
Cc: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>, www-svg@w3.org
Hi Renata.

Renata Hodovan:
> But looking feConvolveMatrix or feMorphology I found the following:
>
> feConvolveMatrix:
>
> order = "<number-optional-number>"
> kernelUnitLength = "<number-optional-number>"
>
>   readonly attribute SVGAnimatedInteger     orderX;
>   readonly attribute SVGAnimatedInteger     orderY;
>
>   readonly attribute SVGAnimatedNumber      kernelUnitLengthX;
>   readonly attribute SVGAnimatedNumber      kernelUnitLengthY;

To me it looks like an inconsistency, but as Robert points out the lack
of these convenience functions for setting both parts of the
<number-optional-number> doesn’t result in a loss of functionality as
you can set the individual components separately through the two
separate IDL attributes.

Is it worth adding them at this point?  IMO probably not.  (I think the
convenience functions have marginal value.)

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/