Re: Missing setters in feConvolveMatrix filter

From: Renata Hodovan <reni@inf.u-szeged.hu>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 00:05:27 +0200 (CEST)
To: "Robert Longson" <longsonr@gmail.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Hmm... perhaps I missed some important information. I wouldn't like only
to _use_ SVG but implement some SVG features around dynamic updates into
WebKit. During my work I've realized, that there are attributes with
<number-optional-number> type which are wrapped into one common attribute.
For example:

Filter element:
filterRes = "<number-optional-number>"

interface SVGFilterElement :
  readonly attribute SVGAnimatedInteger filterResX;
  readonly attribute SVGAnimatedInteger filterResY;

  void setFilterRes(in unsigned long filterResX, in unsigned long
filterResY) raises(DOMException);

stdDeviation = "<number-optional-number>"

interface SVGFEGaussianBlurElement :
  readonly attribute SVGAnimatedNumber stdDeviationX;
  readonly attribute SVGAnimatedNumber stdDeviationY;

  void setStdDeviation(in float stdDeviationX, in float stdDeviationY)

But looking feConvolveMatrix or feMorphology I found the following:

order = "<number-optional-number>"
kernelUnitLength = "<number-optional-number>"

  readonly attribute SVGAnimatedInteger     orderX;
  readonly attribute SVGAnimatedInteger     orderY;

  readonly attribute SVGAnimatedNumber      kernelUnitLengthX;
  readonly attribute SVGAnimatedNumber      kernelUnitLengthY;

radius = "<number-optional-number>"

 readonly attribute SVGAnimatedNumber      radiusX;
 readonly attribute SVGAnimatedNumber      radiusY;

By the last two cases there aren't setters in idl-s.

Perhaps it makes sense, but I don't understand :( Can somebody give me
some explanation?