Re: SVG 1.1 Does no text exist in the DOM? or why no eggs?

From: ddailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 21:35:54 -0400
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, "Alex Danilo" <alex@abbra.com>
Cc: "www-svg" <www-svg@w3.org>
Boris wrote:
> No, setting nodeValue on a textnode should simply set the text inside the
> text node.  Setting nodeValue on an element is a silent no-op. Setting
> nodeValue never creates a "new DOM text node child".

Hmmm... though as Jeff says
"Apart from '2e' not being a valid variable name (variables cannot begin
with
numbers), it looks like the textContent property is the way you want to do
this:"

Wow. That is nice... I see it even works in most places.

Sorry for the naive question but what is the status of the document
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html ? I mean, by that, is it
stable enough to assume that browsers should implement it?

cheers
David