Re: Test updates for SVG

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 04:09:16 +0200, Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,

Yes, I've made sure that the testcase now references an SVG font that does
have a bold italic face defined. Note that there's no requirement AFAIK
forcing implementations to do fake bold / fake italic. I've also updated
the reference image.

> We need to
> check CSS for the font selection here (I can't remember off the top of
> my head what the rules are). A viewer could easily synthesize an oblique
> version of the SVG font if needed for the 1.2 Tiny case.

It could. But it's not a requirement to synthesize such font faces AFAIK.

>> My understanding was that these images were being snapped from a vender
>> neutral process.  Did I get that wrong?
>
> As far as I know they are - most likely Batik which is an Apache project.

Yes, I can confirm that it was generated by Batik (the version we use is
checked into the cvs under SVG/tools[1])

>> If not, I would like to have all of the .png's for tests that IE passes
>> from IE.  Is that cool? I am sure I can get these quickly.

Traditionally we have only used binary image-patches when absolutely
necessary, the preferred format is a static SVG image-patch that makes
Batik produce the appropriate rendering, see [2] and [3].

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/tools/batik/
[2] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/imagePatches/