Re: New anti aliasing techniques for 2d rendering

Hi Steve,

Steve Schafer wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 17:37:40 -0300, you wrote:

>> I just claim I'm the first one to actually implement it for 2d vector
>> graphics.
>>

> Which, of course, is contradicted by the 20-year-old reference that I
> cited (see the test images in Figure 14.3 of that reference, for
> example). Strictly speaking, "implement [anti-aliasing] for 2d vector
> graphics" is not meaningful, since aliasing is not a characteristic of
> 2d vector graphics, but is rather a characteristic of the sampling
> process, which typically occurs during conversion of an image (vector or
> otherwise) to a pixel- or scanline-based representation.

> -Steve

Yes, you are right. It is also contradictory with figure 1.c. at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_anti-aliasing , that is the
reference I included in my page. I rewrote that section of the text.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich