Re: DOM APIs - XML to SVG parsing

From: Francis Hemsher <fhemsher@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:56:38 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org
There are two things I do lots of:
1.Create SVG elements from XML files.
2.Transfer SVG elements between documents.

Typically I use the  Adobe SVG Viewer printNode() and parseXML() functions.
as follows:
1. Create an SVG elem from XML String:
var docFrag=parseXML(xmlString,DocSVG)
var svgElem=docFrag.firstChild
mySVG.appendChild(svgElem)

2.Copy an SVG element from Doc1SVG to Doc2SVG:
var svgString=Doc1.printNode(Doc1SVGelement)
var docFrag=parseXML(svgString,Doc2SVG) //---Doc2 parseXML---
var svgElem=docFrag.firstChild
mySVG2.appendChild(svgElem)

We certainly need some form of  these methods to be included.