Re: removeChild and <use> question

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:42:37 -0500
To: Rick <graham.rick@gmail.com>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On 1/12/10 6:13 PM, Rick wrote:
> It's not unlikely that these concepts are under specified, or too
> esoteric in the spec.  I haven't looked lately.

Dynamic behavior tends to be underspecified in general, but the "no
hysteresis" rule is clear and simple to apply, and the only sane thing
to do.

> On the up side, It's cool that engines are advanced enough that this
> issue is worthy of consideration.

On the downside, it's sad that engines would implement SVG features, or
any other feature, without correct DOM update handling....  (And yes,
Gecko used to have bugs here too; we made fixing them a priority.)

-Boris