W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > January 2010

Minutes, 7 Jan 2010 SVG WG

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 22:38:37 +0100
Message-ID: <387252265.20100107223837@w3.org>
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
CC: www-svg@w3.org
Hello,

Minutes of the 7 Jan 2010 SVG WG meeting are at
http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-svg-minutes.html

and below as text for bots

                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

07 Jan 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/0001.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          ed, ChrisL, Shepazu, anthony

   Regrets
          Patrick, JWatt

   Chair
          Erik

   Scribe
          anthony, chris

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items for 1.1SE
         2. [6]element and attribute tables
         3. [7]svg charter update
         4. [8]Review of ACTION-2597, Case sensitivity errata
         5. [9]f2f location and date
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <trackbot> Date: 07 January 2010

   <ed> trackbot, start telcon

   <trackbot> Meeting: SVG Working Group Teleconference

   <trackbot> Date: 07 January 2010

   [11]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/implementation-repor
   t.html

     [11] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/implementation-report.html

   [12]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/1

     [12] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/1

   was working on ACTION-2697

   <scribe> scribenick: chrisl

action items for 1.1SE

   ACTION-2358

   ACTION-2358?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2358 -- Jonathan Watt to propose wording for the
   clip path pointer-events erratum and masking/compositing module
   change -- due 2008-12-04 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2358

     [13] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2358

   ACTION-2372?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2372 -- Doug Schepers to propose revised wording
   for the errata item "Capturing pointer-events with a zero opacity
   mask" to clarify it with clip-path -- due 2008-12-11 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2372

     [14] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2372

   Whos is waiting on what there?

   DS: Did we decide to make it undefined

   leave to next telcon so JWatt can comment

   DS: Sent a draft proposal for the joint CSS SVG taskforce

   ACTION-2695?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2695 -- Erik Dahlström to investigate
   getIntersectionList and add clarification to the specification --
   due 2009-11-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2695

     [15] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2695

   ED: Reviewed one test by Cameron,

   <ed> struct-dom-11-f.svg

   <ed>
   [16]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/struct-dom-11-f.sv
   g

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/struct-dom-11-f.svg

   Opera now passes

   ED: Difference of nterpretation on what coordinate system applies
   ... if there is a veiwbox and a container that does not match that
   aspect ratio

   CL: Is the spec unclear?

   ED: Cam and i interpreted it differently

   "initial coordinate system"

   <ed>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/coords.html#InitialCoordinateSystem

     [17] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/coords.html#InitialCoordinateSystem

   <ed>
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/006
   2.html

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/0062.html

   ed: edited spec to reword, Cam didn't disagree

   cl: does that change affect implementations

   ed: not really. mainly an explicit cross link in the spec

   cl: seems ok to me

   ACTION-2685?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2685 -- Erik Dahlström to work on java bindings
   scripts -- due 2009-10-28 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2685

     [19] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2685

   ed: have to manually copy *changes* to svg.idl from master to
   publish, these are *not the same* and the publish script does not
   update the one in publish

   <ed>
   [20]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/coords-dom-03-f.sv
   g

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/coords-dom-03-f.svg

   its in ok. should be marked as accepted

   action ERIK make coords-dom-03-f and struct-dom-11-f accepted

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2708 - Make coords-dom-03-f and
   struct-dom-11-f accepted [on Erik Dahlström - due 2010-01-14].

   ed: progress on single page PDF. is it manual or automatic

   ag: I used safari to make it

   ds: cameron made it in the build scriopt for tiny 1.2

   cl: maybe uses apache fop?
   ... we need to make patch files for the tests that batik doesn't
   pass so we have reference images
   ... useful to cvs tage the version of errata tests used to exit cr

   list of relevant tests is
   [21]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/implementation-repor
   t.html

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/implementation-report.html

   ACTION-2477?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2477 -- Doug Schepers to propose a solution for
   ISSUE-2071, referring to external resources and how that affects
   security (\"tainting\" an svg) and how that might apply to methods
   like elementFromPoint -- due 2009-02-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2477

     [22] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2477

   ds: didn't we talk about that in December, there is a way around it
   ... will get to it this week

   ACTION-2676?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2676 -- Chris Lilley to fix the 1.1 second edition
   wording for values that are accessed where no attribute was
   provided,
   [23]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/svgdom.html#SVGDOMO
   verview and have it be NaN or 0 with unknown unit depending on the
   type of domobject -- due 2009-10-06 -- OPEN

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/svgdom.html#SVGDOMOverview

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2676

     [24] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2676

   re-assigned to Erik

element and attribute tables

   ag: extracting from xml, putting in hash table

   ds: please document it so we can keep using it
   ... in future we might extract this from rng which would make it
   easier
   ... can it be written so extraction part and composing/spec making
   part are semi independent?

   ag: yeah
   ... by swapping in a different xslt
   ... its a one-shot thing

   ds: applies to other specs too, handy tool to have

   cl: have a look at tiny1.2 rng if you want

   ag: will work on this over the next week

   ds: would like integration to be a rec so html can reference it

svg charter update

   ed: whats the timeline here?

   ds: chartered till march, want to have it ready so ac review before
   charter ends
   ... ensure jwat and patrick are there for that one

   cl: task force charter does not have ac review

   <ed>
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/000
   5.html

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/0005.html

   ds: but needs to be a subset of the deliverables

   cl: yes

   ed: transitions should be an area of coordinations

   <anthony> scribe: anthony

   ed: you have advanced text layout here what did you mean by it?

   ds: the two bullet points underneath
   ... they are sub bullet points

   ag: might want to turn them into dashes
   ... to make it more clear they are sub bullet points

   ed: i guess the task force would go on for sometime?
   ... that way Cameron can participate and work on layout

   ds: Cameron gave me feedback on this
   ... I expect him to be back while taskforce is operating
   ... I can make the suggested changes
   ... and a draft charter for next Tuesday

   <scribe> ACTION: Doug to Create a draft charter [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2709 - Create a draft charter [on Doug
   Schepers - due 2010-01-14].

   <ed>
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/006
   8.html

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/0068.html

Review of ACTION-2597, Case sensitivity errata

   ACTION-2597?

   <trackbot> Sorry... I don't know anything about this channel

   <ChrisL> ag: wording different because case sensitivity for rgb was
   different

   <ChrisL> ... tiny errata new section above html color keywords

   <ChrisL> ed: maybe possible to miss, a link would help

   <ChrisL> .. from definition of integer and float func notation to
   that section

   <ChrisL> ... make it clear its different from 1.1

   <ChrisL> ... make it easier to spot they are case insensitive

   <ChrisL> ag: add links in the first couple of words in that section.
   will do that

f2f location and date

   <ChrisL> I have permission to go to LGB2010 in Brussels, if that
   affects anything

   <ed>
   [28]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Meetings#F2F_Meeting_Info
   rmation

     [28] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Meetings#F2F_Meeting_Information

   <ChrisL> ag: can come to that too

   <ChrisL> ds: dom api summic. ecma tc39 is meeting in CA March

   <shepazu> ECMA TC39 meeting on March 24-25 at Yahoo

   <ChrisL> so a couplde of days after tc39 would be good

   <ChrisL> Jon F would be good there

   <ChrisL> ds; so fri-sat 26 and 27 for a dom summit?

   <ChrisL> ag: priority is the svg f2f

   <ChrisL> ed: depends who from opera is going to tc39

   <ChrisL> ... probably ok

   <ChrisL> ... nice to have some more details to present but couldd do
   that before the meeting

   <ChrisL> ... interesting to go

   <ChrisL> lgm is 26-29 May

   <ChrisL> [29]http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2010/

     [29] http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2010/

   <ChrisL> ds: also, remember the mini tp idea?

   <ChrisL> ds: maybe minitp 3-5 april

   <ChrisL> ... dom summit 1-2 april

   <ChrisL> adjourned

   <ChrisL> scribe: chris

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Doug to Create a draft charter [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     ___________________________________

-- 
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:chris@w3.org
 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG
Received on Thursday, 7 January 2010 21:39:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:44 GMT