css clip property

From: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:39:29 +0000
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hi,

This article illustrates how I think clip works...
http://www.ibloomstudios.com/articles/misunderstood_css_clip/

It looks to me as if clip changed between CSS2 (
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-CSS2-20080411/visufx.html#clipping) and CSS2.1
(http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visufx.html#clipping)

In particular top and bottom are now offsets from the top edge of the box
and left and right offsets from the left edge of the box, at least in the
testcase referenced below.

Currently SVG 1.1 references CSS2 clipping (
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/masking.html#OverflowAndClipProperties) whereas I
think it should reference CSS2.1.

I think the following test should also be changed:
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlObject/masking-path-06-b.htmlbecause
clip="rect(10,10,10,10)" in the example should clip the images
completely.

Best regards

Robert.