Re: Margins for filters?

> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de> wrote:
>         You suggest to kill filter effect regions, but keep clipping
>         subRegions? The default subregion is the boundingBox of the
>         target
>         object. Isn't it more problemetic?
>
> Earlier in this thread I wrote:
>
>         I suggest we continue to allow filter primitive subregions to
>         clip filter primitives, but that we make the default filter
>         primitive subregion (for all filter primitives) be infinite so
>         no clipping is performed.

Ah yes, sorry. This makes sense. I agree with you on subregions: Should
be possible to define a clipping area, if no area is defined make the
area infinite. And I also agree not to clip to the filter effect region
during the calculation process of effects, even if our current
implementation in WebKit follow SVG 1.1 in all points here.
But I still think we should be consistent to pattern and masker. Both
clip to their boundaries. While we could change this on masking (take
your proposal here as well), we shouldn't do it on pattern. On pattern
the area defines a tile that is used for the pattern.

Dirk