Re: Again with the getIntersectionList()

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 03:28:35 +0100, Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2) There has been feedback that the second parameter to these
>> functions is not clear [2].  I would agree with that feedback.
>>
>>    "only return elements whose drawing order has them below the given
>> reference element"
>>
>> This suggests the painters model to me.  However, it is not clear why
>> this is useful.
>>
>> It seems that Opera may have implemented it as the root of the subtree
>> that should be searched.  Erik, can you confirm?

Yes, that's an accurate observation of what Opera does at the moment. One
might also express it as:
"Any intersected element that doesn't have the reference-element as
ancestor must not be included in the returned NodeList"

Cheers
/Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group