Re: Element Whitelisting (was: SVG Feedback on HTML5 SVG Proposal)

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:30:43 +0100
Cc: public-html@w3.org, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
On Mar 11, 2009, at 01:53 , Doug Schepers wrote:
> It seems riskier to bottleneck element parsing to one time-frozen
> specification.  I agree that implementations will update their
> internal list of supported non-HTML elements and attributes
> regardless of what HTML5 says, so it doesn't seem practical to
> include any such list in the HTML5 spec.

I think that this is a spec-engineering issue, and I'd like to make
sure that it's not on the critical path for a resolution on SVG in
HTML. In fact, it might be best if it didn't take any bandwidth away
from this discussion. Since it becomes an issue when HTML5 becomes a
Rec, I think we have a little bit of time to see this one coming.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/