Re: SVG as Root (was: SVG Feedback on HTML5 SVG Proposal)

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:28:25 +0100
Cc: public-html@w3.org, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
On Mar 11, 2009, at 01:58 , Doug Schepers wrote:
> Personally, I agree with you here.  But I don't have any grand
> suggestion for fixing the case where SVG is served with the wrong
> MIME Type, or where authors got lazy or made some other mistake.
> Does your current proposal deal with this, and if so, how?

I would propose deferring any decision on this until we've reached
agreement on how SVG inside HTML behaves. That way there's a chance
that we could simply decide that if SVG if served as text/html then it
ought to be treated in the exact same way as any HTML element that
might appear at the root of the document.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/