Re: SVG Feedback on HTML5 SVG Proposal

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:53:57 -0700
To: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu> wrote:
> If it doesn't break HTML, then it seems to me it'd be good to keep SVG strict, at least until programmable matter becomes cheap (then we'll have Crays in our fingernail polish right?).

As Henri pointed out, stricter syntax checking does not actually imply
less code.

However I generally think that our general guideline should be what
web developers want. This is also supported by our design principals.
By allowing SVG in text/html to have forgiving error handling,
developers can either choose to use strict error checking, by using
application/xhtml+xml, or forgiving error handling, by using
text/html.

/ Jonas