Re: filterRes

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:21:15 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello,

another problem I observed for filterRes comparing the behaviour
of Opera and the adobe plugin is, what happens ich non-integers
are noted as attribute values.
Because filterRes is specified to be of the type
<number-optional-number>
such values as '0.5' or '4.2 4.8' are possible,
however the interpretation seems to be undefined
or is different in viewers. Opera seems to round
down non-integers, the adobe plugin rounds to
the nearest integer (I did not look into detail for
the case integer+0.5). This results in different
effects especially within animation to fade in/out
objects by changing the filterRes to small
numbers (continuously).

Best wishes

Olaf