Re: External References for <use>

From: Jean-Claude Moissinac <moissinac@enst.fr>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 08:52:52 +0200
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
I'm working on cartoon-like animation.
External use is very useful for such use-case.
We have series of static drawings
We assemble a serie by reference with external use to do an animation
(for exemple, the animation of a character).
When all animations for a scene are OK, we assemble the animation on a
background with external use of the animations.
In this case, it is useful to have access to each static drawing, to
each animation or to the whole scene.
So we have a need to cascading external use.
So, 'external use' is a very useful feature.