Re: Selectors, getElementsByTagName() and camelCase SVG

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 09:03:49 -0400
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Simon Pieters wrote:
> Moreover, you can always move an element with uppercase localName from
> an XML document to an HTML document. (Unless I make Web DOM Core say to
> throw when trying to move elements between HTML and XML documents -- it
> currently breaks the assumptions of the getting innerHTML in XML
> algorithm in HTML5.)

Indeed.  Again, I consider this whole thing to be a corner case; I'd
just like us to agree on a way to treat this corner case.  Given that
web authors are highly unlikely to hit it (imo a good assumption), it
seems that implementation simplicity should be the primary factor behind
the decision.

-Boris