[SVG 1.2 Tiny] play, stop, pause, resume on video

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:59:44 +0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

I've been playing with an HTML/JS/SVG demo to demonstrate the support of
video and noticed something awkward in the SVG 1.2 Tiny specification.

HTML 5 video supports play() and pause() (and stop() I think but it
doesn't seem to be listed there?).

SVG 1.2 has beginElement(), pauseElement(), resumeElement(),
endElement(), and those four functions are defined in two different
interfaces (one inherits from the other).

I understand that it's quite late to ask for the methods to be renamed
in SVG 1.2 Tiny (especially since those methods were defined by SMIL
anyway) but, speaking from the point of a user, a note next to the
ElementTimeControl interface pointing to the SVGTimedElement for further
functions might be helpful.

Philippe