[1.2T-LC] evt and event

From: (wrong string) Ůski <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 00:34:50 +0200
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Dear WG,

> An 'event' variable can be used instead of 'evt' ('event' is an alias to 'evt').
Please define it more formally in terms of ECMAScript.
> Other interpreted languages should behave in a similar manner.
This sentence occurs earlier, so does it entail an expectation for such aliasing? Note that it may not be a possibility in many interpreted languages unless you specify something explicitly like "function(evt, event)" and require the same object to be passed in both arguments. We'd be left with "evt" only, whereas drafts maintained by the Web Applications WG call for "event".