Re: [OT] Displaying chinese ideographs in svg page with Javascript and unicode

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:49:35 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

David Woolley wrote:

> Regardless of the above, my Firefox 2.0.0.16, on Linux, does display the
> 月.

I think what it is doing is using its configured fallback character set
and treating the file as HTML with unknown elements, and therefore just
displaying the text nodes.  I get a blank page if I open a copy in a
true SVG context; that's probably because it is all in a defs element.

--
David Woolley