Re: Displaying chinese ideographs in svg page with Javascript and unicode

Fulio Pen wrote:

> Open these files online, you will see the html one is not rendered on
> all IE, FF and Opera browsers.  The svg page is not rendered on IE and
> FF, and poorly on Opera.  In short, the svg does not render Chinese
> characters independently online.

IE does not support SVG, so any test of SVG on IE is actually a test of
some third party plugin.  The most commonly used plugin is no longer
supported.

Generally, though this list should be about things that can't be
implemented or where the specification is not clear enough, rather than
simply about how to work round bugs in implementations.

Note that your "HTML" is invalid.  It claims to use the XHTML 1.0
transitional DTD, but that has no embed element.  embed is a proprietary
extension.  It is often used for SVG examples because object is badly
implemented.

Also, it is being served in Appendix C mode, which means it should be
treated as lexically invalid HTML, not as XHTML.  It is also being
served without a charset in the HTTP headers and without a
meta...content-type element, so its character set is indeterminate (it
would only be UTF-8 if served as XHTML (application xml+xhtml)).

HTTP/1.1 200 OK