Re: Source-image offset/dimensions control for the image element

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:44:35 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org

For me it was always surprising, that the image element has a viewBox
attribute, but finally it has no effect.
Interestingly the SMIL3 draft already reused viewBox for media to get such
a clipping - I noted to them, that currently in SVG is does not have such an
effect on the image element (or on video in SVGT1.2) , then the name was
changed to panZoom to avoid confusion.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/CR-SMIL3-20080115/smil-extended-media-object.html#q31

This could be reused by SVG too, of course for any visible media ;o)