Re: gunzip svgz

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:34:12 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org

Typically the browser does the gunzip already.
if one uses 'view source code' in Konqueror, Opera oder Geckos one already
gets the gunzipped file. Opera saves the gunzipped version for whatever reason
with the wrong suffix .svgz.

Anyway if you have such a file on your local system, the typical problem is
the 'unusual' suffix. Concerning gzip/gunzip it should be
vegetable.svg.gz to be identificable by default (rename it).
Alternatively on my system (Linux) I can use:
gunzip -S .svgz vegetable.svgz
(Then the suffix is missing completely, therefore:
mv vegetable vegetable.svg )