RE: SVG animate values format

Hello Julien,

I think I will raise this on the SVG working group because there seems to be some ambiguity. This ambiguity has led to behavior in this regard for both implementations and authoring tools that assume a trailing ';' is legal.

I know for example that the Ikivo animator produces content that assumes this is valid. I have not tried the Ikivo implementation but one would assume it treats a trailing ';' in the same manner.

The BitFlash implementation also assumes a trailing ';' is valid. Essentially, if there is a trailing ';' we do not process the "" as a value ( and thus initiate error processing ).

You can monitor public-svg-wg to see the progress on this issue, but you will also receive an e-mail once the WG has discussed it.

Take care,
Andrew