Tiny 1.2 and Key Identifiers

From: Julien Reichel <Julien.Reichel@spinetix.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:51:44 +0200
To: "www-svg" <www-svg@w3.org>

Dear All,

According to A.5.7 in SVG Tiny 1.2 Specs [1], KeyboardEvent are defined
as a subset of the DOM level 3 KeyboardEvent [2]. However [2] specifies

The keycodes Multiply, Add, Substract, Decimal, Separator, Divide,
NumPad0, NumPad1, NumPad2, NumPad3, NumPad4, NumPad5, NumPad6, NumPad7,
NumPad8, and NumPad9 are not part of this set. Use
KeyboardEvent.keyLocation to know if a key originated from the numeric

But the KeyboardEvent.keyLocation is not present in SVG 1.2 Tiny mDOM.

How do I know if the pressed key is coming from the key pad in SVG 1.2
Tiny ?

Also note that the modifier keys are not present in KeyboardEvent of the
SVG 1.2 mDOM. How do I know if the ctrl or shift key was pressed by the
user ? How do I differentiate when the user presses the lower case 'a'
or the upper case 'A' ?

Any hints are welcome.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#events__KeyboardEvent
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-DOM-Level-3-Events-20060413/events.html