Re: CSS3 Namespaces and SVG

Hi, Pete-

Peter Farland wrote (on 5/30/08 4:45 PM):
> Now that the CSS3 Namespaces Module a W3C Candidate Recommendation
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-namespace/), I'm interested to hear whether
> SVG 1.2 has any plans to make use of styling for qualified elements. The
> SVG Tiny 1.2 styling section does't currently make reference to CSS3 or
> qualified element styling... would this be something likely to be
> covered by SVG Tiny (or some supersee) in 1.2 or would it be more likely
> in some later version?

SVG Full (no matter what the version) has always included CSS styling;
it's only the profiles for mobile or low-power devices that don't.

SVG Full 1.2 will indeed include references to CSS.  In fact, we also
hope to work more closely with the CSS WG to allow SVG features to be
used in CSS+HTML, like SVG backgrounds, filters, gradients, etc.

We are committed to making all these baseline Web technologies work
together to make a slick platform. :)

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI