Re: Resolving IRIs for resource documents in SVG Tiny 1.2

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:41:41 +1000
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi Rob.

Robert O'Callahan:
> This seems to imply that if I have a document that contains many resource
> references with the same relative URI, I have to perform an HTTP transaction
> for each one to see if any of them result in a redirect. Wouldn't it make a
> lot more sense to use the pre-redirect URI as the dictionary key, so I can
> avoid a lot of network transactions?

This is now changed to use the absolute IRI for the dictionary keys
without looking at the HTTP response.  I’ve made it use a plain,
character-by-character comparison for simplicity, but I’d welcome any
input on whether any canonicalisation of the IRI should be performed
before comparison.

  http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/linking.html#externalReferences

Thanks,

Cameron