Re: Whether to display inner or outermost <title>?

Jeff,

	Does your description, which appears to be a more formal restatement
of my suggestion, cover the fruit case I originally gave?
http://www.openicon.org/icon-ark/mulberry/fruit.svgz
It needs to, but it seems to me it does not, otherwise there is no
mechanism for the author to provide this type of structure.
The intention is to allow <use> remote file with the title. This is
essential for a number of reasons such as
	otherwise files are being sent and saved unnecessarily across the web
	it is much harder to update, more or less impossible, a similar issue
arose with microformats for addresses etc.
	the authoring process is very much simpler, Amaya already can copy
and paste <use> remote files, it's just a url in a <use> wrapper.
		no SVG, script, css, rdf, CC-copyright  in the clipboard etc...
	designers can learn which files are popular, and which are not....

Finally I wish to once again make the case that involvement of end-
users in the specification process would ensure much simpler and
easier to use specifications.
I am really disturbed by the SVGWGs current proposed milestones for
the next three years: http://www.w3.org/2007/11/SVG_rechartering/SVG-WG-charter.html#deliverables

I have repeatedly asked Doug and others to contribute and set aside
time to create an SVG microformat.
that is a reduced set of minimal essential elements.
the purpose being to enable the design of at least one simple and easy
to use authoring tool.
that the ordinary user or child can use to create good clean simple
code.

inkscape is already enormous, old and after a decade, has no means to
add title content.
that is just one example, there is a bug filed.
One can hand edit the code, but as mentioned elsewhere a grep of 7000
files on openclipart, 6 had titles.

It does seem that the WG consisting of developers working for
corporations ensures that bloat is the main course.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.openicon.org/