Re: Fwd: Property to disable SVG filters

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:59:48 -0500
To: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Cc: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>, www-svg@w3.org

Hi, Guys-

Erik Dahlström wrote (on 1/24/08 10:44 AM):

> I think think using a featurestring like you indicate here is a
> reasonable way forward, if used correctly. It's also a good way to test
> new features without breaking the specs. I can see how it doesn't help
> against existing content however, and that might be an argument for the
> 'filter-rendering' property.

I don't think it's an either/or situation.  The 'filter-rendering'
attribute could be used for existing content, and the
featurestring-based 'switch' approach could be used by authors who want
to provide fallback content going forward.

Just a thought.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI