Re: ARIA and the user's rle

From: (wrong string) ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 21:58:47 +0100
Cc: SVG List <www-svg@w3.org>
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>

Doug,

I wrote to you, because you specifically asked for comments.
"Please let us know what you think."

I've spent plenty of time reading around ARIA, and am not prepared to
"lighten up" nor do I consider it self evidently "It's a win".

My comment in brief, is that it appears to be written by developers,
for developers.
rather than as requested by users.

Nothing you've pointed me to, suggests that users will be better able
to create accessible documents with ARIA. Corporations and interested
developers maybe....

did you ever try to use Emacspeak?
could we agree it's not for everyone?
which is not to deny there's a brilliant developer behind it....

kind regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet