Re: [Inkscape-user] Equivalent to Illustrator's Gradient Mesh?

From: MenTaLguY <mental@rydia.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 9:31:43 -0700
To: adam@emiasys.com
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:17:23 +0200, "Alexander Adam" <adam@emiasys.com> wrote:
> We'd be more than willing do this as an experimental Feature within
> Renesis as a Player and a design feature in our authoring tool if you give us some
> drafts when ready.

I think we still need to make sure that the proposal is artistically useful -- I've written a proof-of-concept implementation of the proposal as originally given, and it doesn't work as well as I'd hoped.

I'm currently experimenting with different gradient functions besides Gouraud, but I've not yet found a good candidate.  In a day or two I hope to get the test harness to a point where it's easy to plug in and select among custom functions, at which point I'll post a link to the list so people can start trying things out.

-mental