Re: SVG1.1 TestSuite 2006-12-13 animate-elem-82 paced transformations

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:06:05 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Olaf.

Dr. Olaf Hoffmann:
…
> The subtests for 'paced scale' and 'paced translation' have similar problems.
> As far as I have seen, some notion of "distance" is not defined in SVG1.1 for
> scaling.
> Therefore, why implementors have to do it for each component separately? Why
> not to use the Euclidian distance?
> Again I think, if there is no error processing defined in this situation, this
> is not testable in a testsuite for SVG1.1.

It is defined, though.  In section 19.2.14[1], which describes
animateTransform, there is the text:

  If calcMode has the value paced, then a total "distance" for each
  component of the transformation is calculated (e.g., for a translate
  operation, a total distance is calculated for both tx and ty)
  consisting of the sum of the absolute values of the differences
  between each pair of values, and the animation runs to produce a
  constant distance movement for each individual component.

Cameron

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#AnimateTransformElement

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/