Re: specificity, user style sheets and SVG

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:19:07 -0600
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org, SVG List <www-svg@w3.org>

Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> however using a user style sheet:
> :link, :visited { text-decoration: underline ! important }
>
> this worked well with many html pages, however with svg it appears it
> may not for Opera, Amaya and Camino

Did it work in an _author_ stylesheet?  In released Gecko versions this wouldn't
work for SVG in _any_ stylesheet.  Nothing specific to user stylesheets.

> I often get things wrong, but if right, it does seem as this is a fairly
> basic failure to implement a standard.

Those happen, sure.  They don't necessarily indicate that the standard has a
problem, though if everyone is getting it wrong that's a hint, of course.  ;)

-Boris