Re: opacity, animate and mask

From: ~:'' ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 13:52:27 +0100
Cc: SVG List <www-svg@w3.org>
To: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>

are you suggesting that Doug's assertion is without value?

regarding your second suggestion, pointer-events is also available,
and could be used to meet their needs.

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 4 Aug 2007, at 12:49, David Woolley wrote:

~:'' ありがとうございました。 wrote:
> please could you provide an example to substantiate your assertion
> that:
> "there would be no way to achieve certain effects"

That appears to be a request to prove the negative, which is
generally impossible.

Personally, I see no fundamental logic that dictates that your way is
better, and I think you are failing to consider that many people
might want to disable events before total transparency was achieved
David Woolley